Social Listening Analyst
Ventura Digital is seeking a strategic thinker to evaluate, analyse and strategise data. You will help turn that data into inspiring insights. Ideally, a Social Insights Analyst who has a keen interest in the
data research around social media, preferably coming from a business, marketing or economics background. As a Social Insights Analyst at Ventura, you will learn how to use the industry’s leading social media
analytics tools to craft insightful stories and analysis using data gleaned from social media conversations. Using social media data and your analytical skills, you will become a specialist in understanding how
consumers react to brands and content on social media, creating and crafting reports that highlight themes in conversation. The role will focus on working with the Social Insights team in interpreting data and translating it into impactful takeaways. You should be adept at managing projects within tight
What you’ll do
- Support Social Insights team in the process of planning and executing social listening and insights projects by monitoring social conversation and trends. This could include tasks like
collecting historical data on brands to create performance benchmarks, etc.
- Strong interest and capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
- Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer client business questions
- Capture and track all relevant information about brands social accounts in our suite of tools
- Social listening tool setup including keywords, query parameters, and dashboards
Analysing Social Media Listening
- Understand social media metrics, social listening tools and analytics.
- Write Boolean queries for social listening topics.
- Interpret data and measure against organizational objectives.
- Tell stories with data
What you’ll bring to the table
- BA or BS (Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Online Journalism, New Media, or related field)
- Ability to manage high levels of inbound conversation and respond within the desired time frame
- Prior experience pulling and analysing data.
- Ability to work within strict time constraints while balancing multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the
- A collaborative teammate who is able to work in a constantly evolving environment
- Passionate about research, marketing, emerging media, and technology
- Strong PowerPoint/Excel and Google Slide/Sheet skills
- Experience with primary research methodologies and analysis
- Knowledge of a variety of social insight methodologies and their applications
Benefits of joining our team
- Salary dependant on experience
- Excellent benefits package
Enough about what we require from you, here’s some information on us.
We are a digital agency, established in 2017 by an ex-Hootsuite employee looking to build a team of eCommerce experts specialising in performance marketing and value creation. We create scalable campaigns designed to fill a client’s pipeline, from helping to implement sophisticated tracking and targeting capabilities to building end-to-end performance marketing strategies.
We work with a growing number of industry-leading clients, including an independent men’s footwear brand, a sports-based YouTube channel with over 350,000 subscribers and a local cocktail brand – no two days at Ventura HQ are ever the same!
At Ventura, we give you the space to stand out as an individual. You will be an integral part of the team, expected to deliver results and understand each client as an individual business with its own goals and targets.
The marketing landscape is constantly changing, and Ventura is right at its centre.EMAIL US